Subject: Re: Sparc questions
To: None <krylon@gmx.net>
From: Johan A.van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2004 17:49:51
Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net> wrote:

> I can finally call a SPARCstation20 my own! =)

Congratulations!

> 1.The hard-drive is really *loud*. I mean, whoa - that hard-drive alone
> make more noise than all my other computer equipment combined (athlon
> 700 w/ 2 ide-harddrives,

  Every now and then i've run across some really loud hard drives.  Drives have
gotten a bit quieter in the years since the SPARC-20 was made.

 If you can clearly hear the drive over the fan, try a different
 drive. Higher RPM drives (7200 was a pretty big deal back in 1995) are
 sometimes louder than others.  You can get used 9 GB or even 18 GB SCA
 drives for very little money now -- less than $10 if you search.  You may
 just want to replace it.

> 3. Some keys on the keyboard don't work.

Which keys?

 -johan