Subject: Re: 2.0rc4 unstability
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/18/2004 05:53:31
In article <>,
	Jukka Marin <> writes:
> I have whined about 2.0 problems and I still do :-I  Both my desktop
> machine and laptop freeze (probably panic; I should really configure
> serial consoles for all machines and build a nest of serial cables)
> every now and then.

NetBSD 2.0_RC3 and the release candidates before work fine for me:

tron@colwyn:~>uname -sr
NetBSD 2.0_RC3
 6:51AM  up 44 days, 17:31, 4 users, load averages: 2.11, 1.75, 1.44

The machine above is used as multi purpose server (e.g. Mail and NFS)
and has often to deal with a lot of I/O load e.g. when I run CVS updates
or package builds.

> My desktop system repeatedly freezes when I use gimp to save an image
> to a local disk (at least when I save to the same partition where the
> gimp temp file is).

Have you tried to disable soft dependences? Have you checked if your
partition tables is correct and you don't have an overlap between
a swap and FFS partition?

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler