Subject: Re: Perl Update fuzz...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2004 11:18:56
On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 07:04:23AM -0500, Brian wrote:
> it seems no one uses make update, in fact every 3rd person has a
> different workaround for it, as using the best recommended solution
> will in all likelihood nuke important parts of your system then error
> out and leave you stuck.  Has it always done that, or is it a new
> thing?

it's been that way for the last five years I've been using NetBSD.

> I think the recommended options should be edited.

I believe more widely available binary packages would do much to placate
NetBSD users who are frustrated with pkgsrc.  there don't seem to be any
official or even semi-official binary packages for 2.0.

  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown