Subject: Re: Perl Update fuzz...
To: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
From: Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2004 08:32:21
  With no disrespect intended, I've triied. pkg_comp built me a chroot
  full of packages (not in the sense of make package) that I couldn't
  use.

You mean you got packages installed in the chroot, but no binary
packages?

Probably you should set

DEPENDS_TARGET=package
UPDATE_TARGET=package

in /ec/mk.conf in the chroot, and then do 'make package' instead of
'make install'.

Or do you mean that you got binary packages that were defective?  I'm
typing this on a system with about 200 packages compiled using
pkg_comp - including gnome2, gaime, and firefox and they seem to work
as well as anyone else's system from what I read on the lists.

--
        Greg Troxel <gdt@ir.bbn.com>