Subject: Re: Perl Update fuzz...
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/16/2004 01:38:47
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 04:57:19 +0000 (UTC), Matthias Scheler
<tron@zhadum.de> wrote:
> In article <37D52F5E-349F-11D9-9316-0030655403FA@comcast.net>,
>         Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net> writes:
> > Except it should not take out everything before recompiling.
>
> I cannot do that. Building a package might either use binaries or shared
> libraries from a package it depends on. So you have to install the new
> version of the package it depends on before attempting to build it.
>
> > It should do it after a successful build.
>
> Use "pkg_comp" which compiles packages in change root environment.

With no disrespect intended, I've triied. pkg_comp built me a chroot
full of packages (not in the sense of make package) that I couldn't
use.

I find it IMPOSSIBLE to believe that debian, etcetera can have 100%
fine binary packages yet we're still locked in the stone age of find
it or build it yourself. what gives?

--
Sean