Subject: Re: anyone using rrdtool?
To: Dick Davies <rasputnik@hellooperator.net>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/09/2004 16:21:31
Hi Dick,

I use the perl module on a daily basis, and it works just fine, same
config as you have (as you can see).

Maybe something with perl not being in /usr/pkg/bin but in /usr/bin ?

Dick Davies wrote:
> I dcan't seem to be able to use rrdtools perl libs without
> a core dimp s- is nayanywone eles seeing thatis?
>
> rasputin@lb:drraw$ perl -e 'use RRDs;'
> Abort trap (core dumped)
> rasputin@lb:drraw$ gdb /usr/bin/perl perl.core
> <snip>
> Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libintl.so.0...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
> Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libintl.so.0

<snip>

> (gdb) quit

[ascent ~]$ perl -e 'use RRDs;'
[ascent ~]$

> rasputin@lb:drraw$ perl -v|grep 'This is perl'
> This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-netbsd

[ascent ~]$ perl -v|grep 'This is perl'
This is perl, v5.8.4 built for i386-netbsd

> rasputin@lb:drraw$ pkg_info -a|grep rrdtool
> rrdtool-1.0.40nb4   Data analysis tool generating graphical representations

[ascent ~]$ pkg_info -a|grep rrdtool
rrdtool-1.0.40nb4   Data analysis tool generating graphical representations

Wouter