Subject: Re: softdeps + 2.0_RC4 = crash
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org, port-i386@NetBSD.org,>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/08/2004 11:50:34
On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 05:06:52PM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
> I am now running the 2.0_RC4 kernel on my desktop system.  I can still
> crash the system with gimp.  All I need to do is save a large image to
> /tmp (where the gimp swap file also lives).  The system panics (I guess,
> can't see the console behind X).

Well, I decided to plug in my digital camera to USB, now that the umass
patch is in the kernel.  All was fine, I was able to copy and delete the
images I wanted.

Then I forgot to umount sd0e and simply unplugged the USB cable.  Boom.
NetBSD paniced (I think, I still can't see the console behind X).

Can't try and see if this is repeatable, fsck takes some 15 minutes and
I'm supposed to get some work done.  I'll try repeating my mistake later.

  -jm