Subject: Re: mod_perl (ap-perl) issues
To: Phil Pereira <phil@bsdnexus.com>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/31/2004 10:01:29
--8GpibOaaTibBMecb

Also sprach Phil Pereira (phil@bsdnexus.com)
=20
> I recently installed NetBSD 2.0 RC4 and installed Apache and also mod-perl
> (ap-perl-1.29nb1) from pkgsrc. I then added the appropriate line to my
> httpd.conf file:
>=20
> LoadModule perl_module lib/httpd/modperl.so
>=20
> However, this resulted in Apache core dumping each time I tried to start =
it.
> If I remove the line, apache starts fine.
>=20
> Is it just me and my setup? I googled but found nothing helpful or recent=
 on
> the issue. My system is running the following:

It's Perl. I used perl-5.8.3 succesfully on different machines with
mod-perl and apache1, but after updating to 5.8.4nb1 it isn't working
anymore (coredumps, errors, ...).

I installed the perl-5.8.3 pkg from ftp.netbsd.org with pkg_Add -f on=20
my server,  and everything runs fine now.=20

It's not the first time perl doesn't run with apache/mod-perl on
NetBSD, I have seen this issue at least 4 times since I'm using 1.6

--=20
Ohne Musik w=E4re das Leben ein Irrtum.
Friedrich Nietzsche, G=F6tzend=E4mmerung

--8GpibOaaTibBMecb

--8GpibOaaTibBMecb--