Subject: "mirroring" IMAP accounts
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@fastmail.fm>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/29/2004 21:48:06
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Matthias Buelow wrote:

> I also access the IMAP accounts from several machines.  It's nice to
> have your mail folders always available, including, if need be, through
> a web browser via webmail.

  Speaking of IMAP, I wonder if someone has a good solution for me.  I
have an account at fastmail.fm, which I access via IMAP.  I read mail
mostly in Pine, through the IMAP connection, but also sometimes through
their webmail interface, and it works fine (after the initial horror of
setting everything up).  The problem is I have a limited amount of space
on the account, and I'd like to "mirror" the folders locally - which would
also speed up things I suppose - and delete old mails (but keep them
locally).

  Any suggestions?  (at the moment I run fetchmail manually whenever I'm
running out of space)  And I *don't* want to delete mail on the server,
unless it's more than N days old.  I guess it's the deleting part that's
the hard bit.

Magnus