Subject: NetBSD PPPoE Run very slow
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Fco. Valladolid <francisco@vmicrosistemas.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/29/2004 04:14:09
Hi,

Recently I setup a machine with PPPoE (xDSL Link 1Mb) and NetBSD 2.0 RC4, I follow the instructions in the man page for pppoe and the docs and faq's in the NetBSD web site.

Finally I can connect to internet, whenever i observed a delay in the connection, when i do a ping or type $ lynx www.netbsd.org also.

I not run NAT yet!, why I want to test in the server machine, whenever when setup NAT the machines in the network is not access to the internet.

There are some tips, techniques for maximize the performance of PPPoE.

Now, I think for other way that my DSL modem can be damage or have minor defects.

I hope some have a link running sucessfully and can share a view point with me.

Regards, and God Bless's

Fco. Valladolid
http://bsdguy.net