Subject: Re: Generic pkgsrc compiler configuration question
To: Robert Mohr <>
From: Aaron J. Grier <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/27/2004 09:42:28
On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 06:50:30PM -0400, Robert Mohr wrote:
> How can I go about making gcc34 the default compiler to use with
> pkgsrc?  I tried adding the above two lines to the /etc/mk.conf file,
> however this causes all build attempts to fail.

to mk.conf.

it was my understanding that the "include" is for writers of
pkgsrc Makefiles if their software specifically requires a newer version
of gcc.

  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown