Subject: Generic pkgsrc compiler configuration question
To: None <>
From: Robert Mohr <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/22/2004 18:50:30
I'm running NetBSD 2.0 RC3 on SPARC (SPARCstation 5, 170MHz).  For some
reason the built-in toolchain gcc is not being found by pkgsrc when building
some packages.  I have gotten around this by installing gcc343.4.2 and
modifying the individual package Makefiles to include the gcc34 preconfigure
and buildlink3 .includes as indicated in the gcc34-3.4.2 installation
comments, i.e.:

.include "../../lang/gcc34/"
.include "../../lang/gcc34/"

How can I go about making gcc34 the default compiler to use with pkgsrc?  I
tried adding the above two lines to the /etc/mk.conf file, however this
causes all build attempts to fail.

I suppose the ideal solution would be to identify why some packages are
building correctly and others are failing due to not finding the built-in
gcc... however I've been unable to track this down.

I'd be happy to hear either solution.  Thanks for any help,

Rob Mohr

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus (