Subject: Thanks everyone (Was: Squid vs. WWWOffle vs. ...?)
To: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
From: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/18/2004 19:04:10
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
You probably won't like to hear/read it - =) - but I installed wwwoffle
for the time being.
As for mod_proxy - yes, I've got an apache running on that machine (for
browsing documentation and toying around with php and CGI programming).
For the sake of completeness I'm going to learn more about it - I don't
think I'll use it, but it sounds like an unusual approach.

However, I think I'm going to give squid a try, since wwwoffle is giving
me strange timeouts with some servers.
I just heard some nasty things about it - a co-trainee of mine once
tried to set up a squid-proxy at work and didn't get it to work, blaming
it on the nasty configuration file... I'll let you know if I fail as
well... =)

Thank you very much,
Benjamin