Subject: Re: Squid vs. WWWOffle vs. ...?
To: Benjamin Walkenhorst <krylon@gmx.net>
From: Dave B <spam@dberg.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/17/2004 18:35:31
On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 05:05:59PM +0200, Benjamin Walkenhorst wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I think about setting up a caching proxy on my local network.
> I know of two free proxies available for BSD, Squid and WWWOffle.
>
> Are there any other solutions I should consider?

  Apache's mod_proxy has caching functionality.  I don't know if it's
as elaborate as the others, but what it does, it does well.  As for
ease of setup--if you're already running apache, it's probably the
easiest of the three: just a matter of adding lines to httpd.conf; of
course, if you aren't already running apache, then not so much...

Cheers,  --Dave