Subject: Re: Adaptec SATA 2810SA raid controller card
To: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Randelhoff <markr@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/2004 15:40:35
I tested these changes on 20_RC3 and, with some latitude, the changes on
1.6.2 and found that the the card works on both operating systems.
Thank you for your help !

A few further questions:
- would it be possible to integrates these changes with the 1.6 branch as
well as the 2 branch ?

- I configured 4 drives into a raid 5 set which I then broke by turning the
one drive off. The card emitted a loud beeping confirming the problem. The
driver man page indicates that I should see diagnostics sent to the
console..... and I do get an IO error from ld0 and fsbn errors from the
file system that I am writing. Should I - or can I - get anything further
from this ?

Also - is it possible to get comprehensive stats from the raid controller
card. Is there an API that permits this. Does the API include the ability
to control the card ? i.e. rebuild the raid set via ioctls sent to the raid
controller ?

Thanks
Mark