Subject: Re: Adaptec SATA 2810SA raid controller card
To: None <markr@cat.co.za>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/05/2004 11:07:28
>  From the supported devices web page I am led to believe that
> the aac driver supports the adaptec sata raid 2810sa raid
> controller card. The aac driver simply mentions the 2410 -
> which is the 4 drive card rather than the 8 drive card.
>
> My experience with NetBSD 2.0_RC3 and NetBSD 1.6.2 is that the
> driver reports the following:
>
> "Adaptec (2nd PCI vendor ID) ASR 2200S (Raid mass storage revision 0x=
1) at PCI 2 dev 10 function 0 not configured"

That means that no driver recognized the card.

> I have enabled the aac driver in the kernel. The card is
> labeled 2810sa notwithstanding the report in the boot process
> of ASR 2200S.
>
> Please would someone offer some advice here. I really would
> like to get this card working...

It seems the support is in -current.  If you want to test a patch
to get this to work on the 2.0 release candidates, you could do
as follows:

% cd /usr/src/sys/dev/pci
% cvs diff -kk -r1.621 -r1.622 pcidevs | patch
% make -f Makefile.pcidevs
% cvs diff -kk -r1.9 -r1.10 aac_pci.c | patch
%

and make a new kernel from the result.  Please tell me if you go
ahead with this and the result works as intended.  It is probably
too late to get this included in the 2.0 release, but if this
works out I'll make sure it'll be in at least 2.1.

Regards,

- H=E5vard