Subject: Re: USB Mass storage failure
To: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/04/2004 09:11:42
--Apple-Mail-12-487502230

On Oct 4, 2004, at 8:59 AM, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> I seem to recall that there are some patches floating around that fix
> this problem.  It's not that contiguous memory is actually required,
> it is simply that our umass driver is (incorrectly) written that way.

Specifically...

The usb_allocmem() function tries to allocate a single block of memory
(rounded to USB_MEM_BLOCK [4096]) if the requested size is >
USB_MEM_SMALL [64].  In the case of umass, it's requesing
UMASS_MAX_TRANSFER_SIZE [MAXPHYS, 64K].

What needs to happen here is that usb_allocmem(), or
usb_block_allocmem(), needs to learn to chunk up the memory if it is
unable to allocate it contiguously.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-12-487502230
	name=PGP.sig