Subject: netBSD hangs
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: PP <liszli@freemail.hu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/27/2004 18:43:03
Dear netBSD Gurus,

I am new to NetBSD, however experienced in Unix systems.
I've installed it (1.6.2) to 2 machines, one of them run flawless.
The other (PI 133 MHz, 32MB RAM + ISA NIC) has a problem.
I recompiled the kernel according to ISA NIC config.
Everything works except the telnetd. (The machine replies
to ICMP, I can ftp, http etc.) When an incoming packet arrives
to telnetd (which is spawned by inetd) the whole machine hangs,
I can not even logon locally. I've tried it with different NICs with same
result.
When I try the telnet program to connect to itself
it works ("telnet mymachine"). If I run telnetd in debug mode then it hangs
also
when an incoming packet arrives. It seems a hardware problem however
the linux works with it. Question: how do I debug in this case ?
I've tried to recompile the telnetd without success. How can I do this ?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanx
PP