Subject: Re: booting NetBSD on sparc64
To: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/23/2004 12:09:44
On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 12:02:45PM +0100, sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
> Yes, I can mount /dev/wd0a on /mnt
> Yes, /mnt/ofwboot and /mnt/netbsd do exist

Could you try to nuke the start of the disk, like

  dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd0c count=128

and reinstall one more time? There is an heuristic in the bootloader
trying to find superblocks for raid configurations that might be fooled
by old garbage lying around - though I do not understand how it could go
wrong in your case.

Oh, btw: which file system did you choose for root? I hope it's not FFSv2,
because that would not work. Actually sysinst should realy not offer that
on ports that have no bootloader for it.

Martin