Subject: Looking for a large i386 "rescue" floppy/kernel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/19/2004 00:56:08
I recently got a 256MB USB keychain flash drive, and thought it might
useful to put a "rescue" floppy image on it for troubleshooting and
repair of systems (which may not be running NetBSD). I tried the
RESCUE_TINY kernel, which works, but is too limited for my needs--no
NTFS or USB support, for example. Being able to run vi in visual mode
would be nice too.

Does anyone have a more full-featured rescue image, or should I roll
my own? Since any systems using this would be new enough to boot off a
USB flash drive, I think they'd have at least 64MB of RAM to work
with, and likely more, so there should be no problem with a larger
ramdisk image.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 28 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++