Subject: Network connection freezes after being idle
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian P. Thomas <ipthomas@mac.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/17/2004 15:48:13
My network connection from any box on my network to my NetBSD boxes is
constantly freezing up whenever my SSH session becomes idle for about a
minute or longer.  At this time the NetBSD box does not respond to any
ICMP or TCP traffic.  I have had this problem on different machines,
with different network cards, all running NetBSD 1.6.2 to 2.0 BETA.
Most of the time, the freeze is temporary and only lasts a couple of
seconds.  Sending network traffic to the machine sometimes causes the
freeze to end.  Other times, my connection is dropped, with the
following message,

	Read from remote host netdaemon: Operation timed out
	Connection to netdaemon closed.

Has anyone run into these kinds of problems?  Any suggestions on the
cause?

Ian Thomas

"Of course it runs NetBSD."
www.netbsd.org