Subject: Re: ipf problem
To: Torsten Sadowski <moehl@akaflieg.extern.tu-berlin.de>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@speakeasy.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/14/2004 10:24:38
At 08:04 AM 9/14/2004, Torsten Sadowski wrote:
>and I would expect these rules to allow my router access but unfortunately
>they don't.
>pass out        quick   on ippp0 proto tcp/udp  from 127.0.0.1/32 to any
>keep state
>pass out        quick   on ippp0 proto icmp     from 127.0.0.1/32 to any
>keep state

Packets sourced from your router will not have 127.0.0.1 as their source
address if their destination is somewhere other than the router itself.
They will have the address of the router's external interface.

So you will never see packets with source (or destination) of 127.0.0.1 on
ippp0, only on lo0.