Subject: Re: UDF file system support
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brad du Plessis <bradd@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/08/2004 11:58:18
> If the userland app your refer to is pkgsrc/misc/udfclient then you can
> look at the URL mentioned in the DESCR file:
>
>   http://www.13thmonkey.org/udfclient/
>
> According to this page, a kernel implementation _is_ planned and I seem
> to remember that udfclient is only done in userland due to easier
> development of the core UDF code.
>
> Judging from the messages from the author of udfclient appearing on the
> OSTA UDF mailing list the project is under active development.

Has anyone managed to get the experimental UDF writing working in
udfclient.0.3? I've played with it a bit and I'm not sure what I'm doing
wrong. I preformatted a CD-RW with Nero InCD and ran newfs_udf on the disk.
I then ran udfclient but whenever I try and do a "put filename" to the CD, I
get an "Invalid Argument" error message.

Thanks,
 Brad