Subject: Re: UDF file system support
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.sep.vier@onlinehome.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/08/2004 00:06:05
Brad du Plessis wrote:

> filesystem support? The most recent information I've found suggests that
> there is a userland app to read from a UDF filesystem, will read / write
> kernel support be available any time soon?

If the userland app your refer to is pkgsrc/misc/udfclient then you can
look at the URL mentioned in the DESCR file:

  http://www.13thmonkey.org/udfclient/

According to this page, a kernel implementation _is_ planned and I seem
to remember that udfclient is only done in userland due to easier
development of the core UDF code.

Judging from the messages from the author of udfclient appearing on the
OSTA UDF mailing list the project is under active development.

ciao
     Klaus