Subject: Re: Temperature of Air Condition
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Ed Wensell III <ewensell3@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/30/2004 05:15:22
--- Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org> wrote:

> Dear Newsgroup,
>
> We have a new air condition in our server rooms.
> What is the ideal temperature to set for the servers in the room?
> Any experience or any guidelines ?
>
> Without an air condition we have over 100 degrees F in the room.
>
> Regards, Zafer.

Check the specifications for the systems in the room. They normally have
some sort of recommended environmental conditions.

In my experience I have seen datacenters set anywhere from 68 to 74 F and
around 54% humidity.

The trick is getting it cool enough to operate the systems normally
without causing condensation. Likewise you do not want it so dry that
static electricity becomes an issue.

=====
Ed Wensell III
http://www.geocities.com/ewensell3