Subject: Re: iso for -current
To: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
From: Ja'far Railton <railton@ukgateway.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/26/2004 15:42:41
Ian Zagorskih wrote:

> I built one for myself both -release-2.0 and -current. Take a look at
> http://ianzag.megasignal.com/ftp/pub/NetBSD/iso/current/
>
> I'v installed NetBSD on several machines with -release-2.0 ISO including
> notebooks and all seems to work just fine.

Thanks, Ian, for making this available! I am running the -release,
having upgraded from 1.6.2_STABLE.

One question about the upgrade process - if I may. I noticed after
postinstall ran that that makedev failed the check. I wonder if I now
need to do a ./MAKEDEV in /dev; or do a fix with postinstall (e.g.
/usr/src/etc/postinstall -s /usr/src -d // fix postinstall makedev); or
  should I just leave it alone (as it works)? TIA.

--
Ja'far