Subject: Re: how to send a smtp mail?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/23/2004 19:43:37
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 hyhe@Rose.ITI.com wrote:

> My NetBSD box is a NAT inside server and has not a public IP or DNS name. Via sendmail and mail, I can send out our message to somebody, but receiver can't reply to me. So I want to use a outside SMTP account. But I don't know how to configure them. Where do I should configure my SMTP server, account and password? I know KMail can do this work, but I have not X. Who can help me?
> Thanks!

hm, i don't know whether i understood your message correctly.

if you want to setup a mail client in text mode, have a look at pine. if
you want to setup a mailserver (forward port 25 through your nat setup and
get an mx records in dns - hm, ok, you don't have a dns entry :-(), read
the documentation at www.postfix.org.

i don't think standard "mail" can read a remote mailbox (???).

-florian