Subject: Re: MacOS X history, was: Re: Flash for *BSD Petition
To: None <Netbsd-Users@NetBSD.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/21/2004 14:20:53
On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 11:54:19AM -0400, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> PS: With regard to the thread, Flash usually sucks.  There are cool things
> done in flash, but 95% of it is used to advertise, and probably only 1 time
> in a hundred do you find a site which uses flash, yet also provides good
> access and coverage of the "real content" using normal links rather than
> flash or javascript-based navigation.

I don't see how SVG is any better though... suppose SVG is
widely-adopted (which I hope it will be)--is there something in the
spec that will disallow designers from making annoying websites with
it? :P

Petitioning for a BSD Flash player may be like petitioning for <BLINK>
tags, but wanting everyone to move from Flash to SVG is like wanting
people to switch from <BLINK> to <SCINTILLATE> :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 28 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++