Subject: Re: Flash for *BSD Petition
To: None <Netbsd-Users@NetBSD.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/21/2004 13:06:50
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 09:33:21PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> >Flash Bad.  Flash Annoying.
> >
> >You're signing a petition to get <BLINK> tags.
>
> Thank you -- my feelings exactly.

Flash is generally bad and generally annoying.  But I've also had some
cool things forwarded my way that were flash.  I used to just ignore them
but now that my desktop is no longer NetBSD but OS-X, I actually find
that there are occasionally useful things that appear in flash.

I agree that conceptually flash is wrong and distasteful. But I gave
up waiting for the world to route around 'flash' and 'realaudio' while
I sat in my NetBSD'd world missing some truly wonderful things.

I also gave up waiting for the world to acknowledge how wrong MIME
is and just this last year finally got a mail program that could
handle it...

I'm too old to fight this junk.

---
Real PC Serial console & remote reset - The PC Weasel! http://www.realweasel.com