Subject: Re: Flash for *BSD Petition
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Florian Stoehr <netbsd@wolfnode.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/21/2004 11:49:35
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004, Joel Rees wrote:

> On 2004.8.21, at 01:34 PM, Louis Guillaume wrote:

> >> Thank you -- my feelings exactly.
> >> 		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb
> >

> > ... i feel like I'm taking the bait here but anyway, I can't resist...
> >
> > My first instinct is to agree with this BUT that's like saying
> > "because I've heard music made with guitar that I don't like: Guitars
> > annoying. Guitars bad."
>
> huh? huh? Did someone say there's a port for Fenders?
>
> First toasters, now guitars. What will they port to next?
>
> Or was it a port of the Fender to NetBSD?

OK, I also don't like flash but it is often annoying since many webpages
are "pure" flash - NOT usable without it :-(((

So face the fact that flash already BECAME a kind of "standard" (like
-what I also DON'T like- the .doc file format), regardless whether it is
open or not. I signed the petition in order to get it so I can view
those shit pages without booting that windoze machine.

-Florian