Subject: mozilla-firefox freezes
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/19/2004 16:41:25
I'm having problems with firefox, whenever I run "build.sh" from
/usr/src which takes a lot of memory, there is about 20-40 MB of stuff
that gets swapped to disk. While running firefox, I noticed it tends to
freeze from time to time, once it stops responding there is no choice
but to run "kill -s KILL" or "kill -9"
I am trying to find the reason behind this, I guess it could be to the
fact that parts of it get swapped to disk, or the way it interacts with
my window manager and virtual desktops (I run windowmaker). Also I've
tried firefox and firefox-gtk2, they both freeze at random times,
thunderbird-gtk2 is also affected. Has anyone experienced anything like
this?