Subject: Re: version misunderstanding?
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/18/2004 21:10:38
In article <Pine.BSO.4.56.0408181215570.25358@ux11.ltcm.net>,
	Mipam <mipam@ibb.net> writes:
> I downloaded the snapshot from july 15 and installed it on a machine.
> Runs fine etc etc, ipf as well. sysctl kern.version shows
> netbsd-2.0G and so i was under the (wrong) impression that i was running a
> 2.0 version.

You were actually running a development version of what will at some
point become NetBSD 2.1 or NetBSD 3.0.

> The ipf version is 4.1.1.

Later version of NetBSD 2.0G contain IPFilter 4.1.3. It was actually
added their first and pulled ino the NetBSD 2.0 sources later.

> Then rebuilding my system with the 2.0 source would be a bad
> idea then i guess?

Downgrading your system will break all binaries built under NetBSD 2.0G
including packages from "pkgsrc".

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/