Subject: Re: link0 and ifconfig
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/15/2004 15:06:41
In article <Pine.BSO.4.56.0408091403120.31478@ux11.ltcm.net>,
	Mipam <mipam@ibb.net> writes:
> I did not see anything in the wm manpage, so this means that this featue
> is no longer present in the modern intel cards?

I don't know because the description of what "CPUSaver" does is quite
vague. But modern cards already try to reduce the number of receive
interrupts by only interrupting every few packets.

> So checksum offloading and later lso ...

LSO is only rarely used and not effective on the receive path.

> ... is much more effective than reducing the amount of interrupts?

Interrupt load is still a problem especially for 10GBit/Sec networks.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/