Subject: Vsftpd configuration
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian Rose <lists@brianrose.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2004 09:16:08
I'm trying to configure vsftpd to use SSL and I get the error message "SSL
support is not compiled in".

So I downloaded the openssl package and built it and then configured vsftpd
to be built with SSL support per the README.ssl file.

The last item in that readme file is the generation of the pem certificate,
which it says should be in the /usr/share/ssl/certs/vsftpd.pem. It says
there should be a Makefile in the /usr/share/ssl/certs folder and that I
can use that makefile to generate the certificate.

However, there is no /usr/share/ssl/certs folder on the system. I have
found one in the pkg build area
/usr/pkgsrc/security/openssl/work/openssl-0.9.6m/certs, but there is no
Makefile in there to generate a new pem file.

So how would I go about generating a pem file for vsftpd and where should i
put it (I assume in /usr/share/ssl/certs)?

Thanks for any help.

--
Brian