Subject: Re: gtk2 fails to build
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/13/2004 02:31:16
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

>On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 sigsegv@rambler.ru wrote:
>

>>I just did a fresh "cvs checkout" of pkgsrc. Trying to build
>>firefox-gtk2 in a chrooted environment, the build fails on gtk2 with the
>>following message. Anyone had the same problems, or is it just me?
>>

>>ld: warning: libexpat.so.5, needed by
>>/usr/obj.i386_athlon-tbird/pkg/x11/gtk2/work/.bui
>>ldlink/lib/libfontconfig.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
>>/usr/obj.i386_athlon-tbird/pkg/x11/gtk2/work/.buildlink/lib/libfontconfig.so:
>>undefined
>> reference to `XML_SetElementHandler'
>>

>Do you have expat package installed? What version?
>
>What fontconfig package version do you have installed?
>
>I wonder if this is an issue with using a native (builtin) libexpat and/or
>libfontconfig versus pkgsrc version?
>
> Jeremy C. Reed
>
> 	  	 	 technical support & remote administration
>	  	 	 http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/

Well it seems everything is installed as it should be, pkgsrc makefiles
are so cryptic I am really struggling to understand which thing does what

# pkg_info
digest-20021220     Message digest wrapper utility
perl-5.8.4nb1       Practical Extraction and Report Language
libtool-base-1.5.6nb1 Generic shared library support script (the script
itself)
gmake-3.80nb3       GNU version of 'make' utility
pkgconfig-0.15.0nb1 System for managing library compile/link flags
glib2-2.4.5         Some useful routines for C programming
m4-1.4nb1           GNU version of Unix m4 macro-processor
bison-1.875nb1      GNU yacc(1) replacement
libIDL-0.8.3nb1     CORBA Interface Definition Language parser
atk-1.6.1           Set of interfaces for accessibility
freetype2-2.1.9     Font rendering engine and library API
expat-1.95.8        XML parser library written in C
fontconfig-2.2.96   Library for configuring and customizing font access
x11-links-0.23      Shadow tree of links to ${X11BASE} headers and libraries
render-0.8          Headers for X11 render extension
Xrender-0.8.4       Client library for the X Rendering Extension protocol
gawk-3.1.3          GNU awk
Xft2-2.1.6          Library for configuring and customizing font access
pango-1.4.0nb1      Library for layout and rendering of text
png-1.2.6rc2        Library for manipulating PNG images
jpeg-6bnb1          IJG's jpeg compression utilities
tiff-3.6.1nb2       Library and tools for reading and writing TIFF data
files
fixesext-2.0.1      X Fixes extension headers and specification
Xfixes-2.0.1        X Fixes extension of X RandR
xcursor-1.1.1nb1    Client-side cursor loading library for X
randrext-1.0        X RandR extension (Headers and documentation files)
Xrandr-1.0.2        X RandR extension (Library)
xdg-dirs-1.1        Shared XDG directories

This is my mk.conf file:

MKINFO=no
MKCRYPTO_IDEA=yes
MKCRYPTO_MDC2=yes
MKCRYPTO_RC5=yes
#MKMANZ=yes
MKNLS=no
MKYP=no
MKPROFILE=no

.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK
    CFLAGS+=-march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx
    CXXFLAGS+=-march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx
.else
    CPUFLAGS+=-march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx
.endif

WRKOBJDIR=/usr/obj.i386_athlon-tbird/pkg
PACKAGES=/usr/packages.i386_athlon-tbird
DISTDIR=/usr/distfiles
DEPENDS_TARGET=package

MASTER_SORT=.uk .de .fr .fi .se .no .dk