Subject: How do get DMESG
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/12/2004 14:39:08
Hello Newsgroup,

How can I get the DMESG Output from a new Notebook, which does not recognize
any Network Cards without Installing NetBSD?

I regularly get new Notebooks, to set them up (Windows XP).
But I like to see the boot messages on them all.
Though, normally I boot with the 1.6.2 installation CD and exit in the Main
Menu. Then enter dmesg on the shell. If the network is recognized, i can
transfer the output to another machine.
But what should I do, if the Network is not recognized?
And I'd rather like to boot with a 2.0 Kernel, because much more new
Hardware is detected. Where do I get a 2.0 Live CD ?
Any Hint to get the message without installing NetBSD?

Regards, Zafer.