Subject: Re: upgrade netbsd 1.6.2 to netbsd 2.0
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Iain Hibbert <plunky@rya-online.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2004 21:56:28
Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> writes:
> In article <20040721031339.GA2070@rose.infor-trans.com>,
>         Water@Infor-Trans.com writes:
> > I want to know: when NetBSD 2.0 will be out?
>
> I couldn't tell you, but a tentative schedule is supposed to be
> announced very soon.

I too would like to know; I've searched the mailing list archives now and
then (not really well, just hitting the high spots) and found nothing that
I can put my finger on.

Does anybody know what the holdup might be? We do seem to be rather past
the timeframe mentioned in the Announcements section on the website. In
general, are there major problems that need working on, or is it just
niggling details?  I dont especially mind the latter because chances are
they might not be in the same area as myself, I dont run bleeding edge
hardware here, but it is a laptop, so not completely standard.

Is there a release status page or list that I've missed?

iain