Subject: iso usb audio box again
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@madison.onespeeddave.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/27/2004 14:17:58
I think I've asked this before.  If you're using a USB audio device with
a TOSLink output, would you please e-mail me and tell me about it.  I
want to run audio between my computer and my stereo receiver.  They're
about 30 feet apart and it seems to me that sending the audio data
optically is the best way.

I'm considering the M-Audio Transit, the Xitel Pro HiFi-Link, and the
Edirol UA-1D.  They're all in the $80-$100 range.  I think they all do
16-bit/44.1kHz playback.  Xitel and M-Audio have more features that
don't work under NetBSD (e.g. 5.1 surround, higher sampling rates);
neither manufacturer will release the hardware info so I can code my
own.

David Talmage