Subject: NetBSD 1.6.2 sparc recovery from custom kernel
To: None <netbsd-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Ogre <Ogre@lowmips.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/26/2004 20:38:30
Hi,
I built a custom kernel to enable my 2nd CPU, and now when it boots, I get error messages and it hangs at a dump....I'd like to get in a move my origional kernel back, so that I wont lose everything i've done so far.  However, the NetBSD instructions say to "hit the spacebar during the 5-second timeout" when you boot up, I assume at some boot manager screen?...well, i dont have that option when i boot. it goes directly into booting up NetBSD.  Any ideas? i can boot from the cd and get a command line, but i'm a little lost as to what to do next.

Thanks,
Reggie

ps. doubt this will help but its a sparcstation 20, dual ross 125's, 2 scsi disks, cdrom, fdd...