Subject: Re: Global pkgsrc update
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Wouter Klouwen <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/2004 12:29:34
Matthias Scheler( said 2004.07.23 08:57:56 +0000:
> In article <>,
> 	Brian Rose <> writes:
> > Is there a global update that will update all my old packages, ...
> Install the "pkg_chk" package (from "pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_chk") and
> execute "pkg_chk -u" afterwards.

This is not really the best option though. There are often times when I have
executed this, but some package fails to build properly, but it recursively
deleted a whole bunch, and then you're left with half the system, so exert
The better way to get a better system integrity guarantuee would be the
prodecure described previously with the depgraph.