Subject: Re: Nikon D70
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@embedtronics.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/21/2004 20:53:02
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 01:37:26PM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> >umass0: no buffer memory
> >

> This is a known (and frequently discussed) problem with the USB disk
> support -- the driver needs contiguous memory and can't find it.
> Booting the system with the USB disk attached often helps; you can also
> do things like
>
> 	dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/null bs=128m

Well, yes, but will this be _fixed_? :-)  Rebooting the machine every time
I want to download images from my camera is far from a "fix".. but I'll try
the dd thing now.

Would it be possible to add a kernel option to allocate a permanent buffer
for umass?  It would be a kludge, but better than a reboot, IMHO..

  -jm