Subject: cross compiling pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/16/2004 04:53:06
Any ideas if NetBSD pkgsrc is cross-compilable? I searched on Goolge
etc, but couldn't really find anything useful. I have a working cross
compiler, the problem is cross compiling packages in pkgsrc seems to be
impossible, reading man pages and pkgsrc documentation does not show any
variables which would specify build and target machines, and this is
what happens if I try to use a cross compiler by setting my PATH to
point to cross compiler:

# make package
===> *** No /usr/distfiles/pkg-vulnerabilities file found,
===> *** skipping vulnerability checks. To fix, install
===> *** the pkgsrc/security/audit-packages package and run
===> *** '/usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list'.
===> Cleaning for digest-20021220
===> *** No /usr/distfiles/pkg-vulnerabilities file found,
===> *** skipping vulnerability checks. To fix, install
===> *** the pkgsrc/security/audit-packages package and run
===> *** '/usr/pkg/sbin/download-vulnerability-list'.
===> Extracting for digest-20021220
===> Patching for digest-20021220
===> Overriding tools for digest-20021220
===> Buildlinking for digest-20021220
===> Configuring for digest-20021220
configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
checking build system type... i386-unknown-netbsdelf2.0F
checking host system type... i386--netbsdelf
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/awk
checking for i386--netbsdelf-gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
*** Error code 77