Subject: Help needed getting PHP 4.3.7 to compile
To: NetBSD users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/13/2004 21:07:40
I am trying to get php 4.3.7 to compile, outside of pkgsrc, but am
having problems.  The reason I am trying to compile it outside of
pkgsrc is because I am following the instructions on the following
web site to get Postfix SASL, Postfix Manager, Courier imap SSL,
Quota, Maildrop , MySQL , Spamassassin, and Squirrelmail up and
running:

<http://genco.gen.tc/postfix_virtual.php>

The problem I am having is with c-client and php.  I have
installed c-client (pkgsrc/mail/imap-uw) from pkgsrc.  I get this
warning when compiling imap-uw:

*** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is deprecated.
*** Future versions of Libtool will require -mode=MODE be specified.

I am assuming I can ignore this warning.  When I go to configure
php 4.3.7, I get a error about Kerberos:

| configure: error: This c-client library is built with Kerberos support.
|
|      Add --with-kerberos to your configure line. Check config.log for details.

I add --with-kerberos to the configure line and I get this error:

|checking whether SSL libraries are needed for c-client... no
|checking whether IMAP works... no
|configure: error: build test failed. Please check the config.log for details.

And the config.log looks like this:

|configure:41210: checking whether IMAP works
|configure:41243: gcc -o conftest -I/usr/local/imap-2004 -I/usr/pkg/include  -I/usr/pkg/include -L/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib -R/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/pkg/lib conftest.c -lc-client   -lcrypt -liconv -lintl -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lz -lssl -lcrypto -lm  -lgcc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err 1>&5
|ld: cannot find -lgssapi_krb5
|configure: failed program was:
|#line 41218 "configure"
|#include "confdefs.h"
|
|    void mm_log(void){}
|    void mm_dlog(void){}
|    void mm_flags(void){}
|    void mm_fatal(void){}
|    void mm_critical(void){}
|    void mm_nocritical(void){}
|    void mm_notify(void){}
|    void mm_login(void){}
|    void mm_diskerror(void){}
|    void mm_status(void){}
|    void mm_lsub(void){}
|    void mm_list(void){}
|    void mm_exists(void){}
|    void mm_searched(void){}
|    void mm_expunged(void){}
|    char mail_newbody();
|    int main() {
|      mail_newbody();
|      return 0;
|    }

I am completely clueless as to how to get php to compile.
Ultimately here are all the configuration options:

./configure \
        --with-kerberos \
        --enable-libgcc \
        --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs \
        --with-mysql=/usr/pkg \
        --enable-track-vars \
        --with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
        --with-imap=/usr/pkg \