Subject: Re: home end keys do not work
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/13/2004 18:51:49
On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Lubos Vrbka wrote:

> i tried these but they doesn't work. bind registers them, but they only
> produce the tilde character again. if i press ctrl-x and then shift-h, the
> cursor goes where it should but not when home/end are pressed. it is strange
> for me. i tried in xterm, aterm (TERM=xterm), on console (TERM=vt220), but no
> luck... what else can be wrong?

What if you bind the characters produced by the key? For example, when I
input
 	bind '<ctrl+^><home>'=beginning-of-line
(displayed as bind '^[[H'=beginning-of-line in xterm, '^[[7~'=... in
console/vt220) my home key works as expected.

Kind regards,
Dieter

--

 	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
 	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley