Subject: Re: home end keys do not work
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/13/2004 16:06:03
hi,

thanks for the hint about autolearning of keys in midnight commander. it
works fine (however if it is "configured" for mc in xterm it doesn't
work in mc on console)...

> While learning how to use emacs for editing is always a good thing,  ;-)
> you might find these commands (or something very similar) to be useful
> additions to your ~/.profile (or ~/.kshrc or whatever you point $ENV at)
>
> 	bind '^XH'=beginning-of-line
> 	bind '^XF'=end-of-line
i tried these but they doesn't work. bind registers them, but they only
produce the tilde character again. if i press ctrl-x and then shift-h,
the cursor goes where it should but not when home/end are pressed. it is
strange for me. i tried in xterm, aterm (TERM=xterm), on console
(TERM=vt220), but no luck... what else can be wrong?

in hexdump, these keys produce ^]]1 and ^]]4 (in x-windows, on console
they produce ^]]7 and ^]]8), so i tried to use these for bind. they move
the cursor to the desired place, but they still print out the tilde
character...
is it possible to find the codes corresponding to keys somewhere? (i.e.
that ^XH is home, ...)?

regards,

--
Lubos