Subject: Re: home end keys do not work
To: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
From: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@tiscali.cz>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/12/2004 20:09:01
>>set -o emacs
> You are setting your cmd-line edit keys to emacs, why not use emacs keys
> to move around your command line?  CTRL-A for jumping to the begining of
> the line (HOME?) and CTRL-E for jumping to the end of the line (END?).
well i used this to enable command line history "browsable" by up/down
arrows. i don't use emacs itself so i didn't now these two emacs keys...
thanks for information. i guess i should lear a bit of emacs ;)
i'll use ctrl-a and ctrl-e now, but i recall someone reporting that even
with set -o emacs home and end keys work properly... so it is now
question of not understanding what's going on in my computer... it
should work, i guess...

> In Midnight Commander, you can use ESC-1 instead of F1, if your F-keys
> aren't mapping properly.
yes, or ctrl-1, it works too... btw - f-keys... nice expression :)

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"