Subject: Re: if compiling KDE3 "rm: conftest: is a directory"
To: netbsd user <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <sigsegv@rambler.ru>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/11/2004 01:01:31
Maurizio Caloro wrote:

>Hello Dear Netbsd Group,
>
>after i start under the "pkgsrc" the make of "kdebase3"
>i become this following error, can any one please help
>me to construct rhe new version of me KDE3

Do you have to use KDE? I mean it's full of bloat, I personally use
WindowMaker, a much faster and lighter window manager.
Anyway I am not a pkgsrc guru, but try the following:

Edit your /etc/mk.conf file, and put there something like:

COPTS+=-pipe -march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx

#.ifdef BSD_PKG_MK
CFLAGS+=-pipe -march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx
CXXFLAGS+=-pipe -march=athlon-tbird -m3dnow -mmmx

MKCRYPTO_IDEA=YES
MKCRYPTO_MDC2=YES
MKCRYPTO_RC5=YES
#MKMANZ=YES #make gets confused when building release??
MKNLS=NO
MKYP=NO

OBJMACHINE=yes
MKOBJDIRS=yes
MOZILLA_USE_XFT=NO
MKTTINTERP=YES
#WINDOWMAKER_OPTIONS=lite #broken?
PREFER_PKGSRC=no
PREFER_NATIVE= MesaLib Xft2 Xrandr Xrender expat fontconfig freetype2
glu randrext randrext render xcursor yes
DEPENDS_TARGET=package
MASTER_SORT=.uk .de .fr .fi .se .no .dk

since your're running sparc64, you need to change COPTS and CFLAGS and
CXXFLAGS to add compiler optimizations for your specific architecture if
you want to build optimized binaries.
If you run the latest release of NetBSD, you can set PREFER_NATIVE
variable as above, to stop building and installing seperate versions of
those packages under /usr/pkg those packages should be part of the base
system.

Once it's all setup, go to your pkgsrc dir and do a fresh build, i.e.:

cd /usr/pkgsrc/x11/kdebase-3.2.3
make clean
make clean-depends
make package