Subject: Re: scsibus problem?
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/09/2004 23:56:23
--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 09:10:38PM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> The second machine probably doesn't have enough unfragmented memory
> available to allow the necessary buffer allocation. You'll get a
> message like this under NetBSD 2.0_BETA and above:
>=20
> umass0: no buffer memory
>=20
> Rebooting the machine with the USB device attached should fix the
> problem.

you can also use a trick (from Dan Carosone(?)),

  dd if=3D/dev/zero of=3D/dev/null bs=3D[big value, depends on amount of yo=
ur ram]

values around 100M usually works for me, i have 256M ram.  leave it
running for few seconds and try to plug the device again.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@{NetBSD,Xtrmntr,silcnet}.org>   --

--cHMo6Wbp1wrKhbfi