Subject: Re: xp won't boot after installing netbsd boot selector
To: Thomas devreese <thomasdevreese@hotmail.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/05/2004 07:12:25
On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 03:26:04PM +0100, David Laight wrote:
> I seem to remember someone saying that that worked by having a copy
> of the pbr bootcode (first sector of teh mbr partition) in a file
> on the windoze system.

Yes, it's easy if you boot NetBSD from the first (or only) harddisk:

   http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#nt_boot

Just do not use the nbsd0.bb (etc.) binaries offered there (they
are for older NetBSD versions), but create your own by the dd command
line given there.

Worked fine for me. I'm not sure I realy tried it with XP too, but I think
it should work the same - if not, someone please let us know so we can
fix that FAQ entry.

On the other hand, the NetBSD boot selector works fine for me with XP.

Martin