Subject: Re: the usability of LFS
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/02/2004 12:39:23
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:30:36 -0400, Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net> wrote:

> is LFS usable yet?  if not, when does it look like it will be?  i'm dying to
> get a machine running with LFS, and would prefer to do it with NetBSD.

Well, I think there are two possible answers:
1) it's usable as long as you don't go near/over 70% full on the LFS partition.
2) if you intend to go above 70% capacity on the LFS partition, Don't
Use LFS. It will go crazy, panic the kernel, cause all manner of bad
voodoo.

As for when... no idea. I've been waiting for a couple years now, and
haven't seen any signifigant progress other than LFS getting tied into
the UBC stuff.

--
Sean